Harry Pontius of Burke, Va.
passes along this photo that was given to him by Fred Ickes of
Fishertown, Pa. (Isn't the internet great?)
A note from Fred Ickes (on
the back of the photo) indicates that this photo shows the log
construction of the "Society of Friends Dunnings Creek Orthodox
Meeting House at Spring Meadow, Pa., as it appeared around 1900.
Built about 1832 and abandoned in 1883 when a new Meetinghouse
was built in Fishertown, Pa. Around 1908, John Reynolds, owner
of the farm where the Fish Hatchery is located, bought the old
Meetinghouse and made it into a dwelling for his summer home.
It burned down in the early 1960's. It was on the hill North of
the Cemetery. This is not of the original Meetinghouse built about
1795 to 1797."